In light of the current situation regarding COVID-19, and the direction of the UAE Federal Government. FANR has taken all the necessary measures and actions to ensure the safety of its employees, licensees, public and stakeholders, while ensuring business continuity and conducting its critical regulatory activities that is essential for the safety of the public, workers and environment.
Below are the latest actions and measure taken by FANR:
- In reference to circular no. (8) for the year 2021 regarding the “On canceling all previous exceptions granted to employees due to emergency conditions” issued by Federal Authority for Government Human Resources (FAHR), female employees who oversee their children's distance education to work from home until the end of the academic year.
- Work at Dubai office, FANR Secondary Standards Dosimetry Laboratories (SSDL), and Environmental Labs is open to provide services five days of the week.
- FANR in cooperation with Department of Health- Abu Dhabi (DOH) is implementing free PCR tests twice a month for all staff regardless of their vaccination status at HQ.
- All resident inspectors at Barakah Nuclear Power plant are available onsite and FANR is coordinating closely with Nawah Energy Company to ensure their safety.
- Disinfecting offices and FANR’s vehicles is performed regularly in accordance with the government instructions.
- Inspections activities are too carried out to its full capacity with inspectors deployed to the sites according to their inspection schedule.
- FANR provided multiple Mental Health awareness sessions and has plans to develop a Mental Health Strategy and Program.
- Weekly PCR test for non-vaccinated staff, consultants, contractors and suppliers is required every (7) days.
- For non-vaccinated 3rd parties personnel who will be visiting FANR HQ to carry out an activity e.g. maintenance, must present a COVID-19 PCR test that is not older than (48 hours) after obtaining the approval in advance.
FANR advices its licensees, suppliers, contractors to follow its official channels for the latest updates and instructions.
Please use the following contact details for any enquiries or updates
02 651 6644 and