We are dedicated to creating a regulatory framework that ensures the safety of people, and the environment.
The FANR Regulations, Guides and Standards team establish processes for the development of regulations and regulatory guides relating to the control and supervision of the nuclear sector.
FANR prepares, issues and implements regulations in line with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Safety Standards. These regulations are imperative to ensure all aspects of safety, and we also design regulatory guides to provide licensees with guidelines on how to meet the requirements set out in the regulations.
Article 25 of the Federal Law by Decree No 6 of 2009, Concerning the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy lists regulated activities that must be licensed by FANR. These activities form the basis for developing national regulations.
Our Commitment to Transparency
At FANR we believe in engaging truthfully and objectively with our stakeholders and we independently communicate our decisions and the bases for these decisions. Article 38 of the Federal Law by Decree No 6 of 2009, Concerning the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy stipulates that when "developing regulations and guidelines, the Authority shall take into consideration comments from stakeholders, information made available by experts, and internationally recognised standards and recommendations such as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Safety Standards."
Unless restricted for security concerns, all regulations and regulatory guides are processed through an external stakeholder review process, which includes:
- A 30-day review process by UAE government entities
- Resolution of the comments by our Director General
- A 30-day review process by the public (regulations will be posted on this website for review and comments by members of the public)
- Approval of regulations by our Board of Management
- Publication of regulations in the Official Gazette and then on this website (Please note, regulatory guides are not posted in the Official Gazette)
If you need any further information regarding our regulations and guides, please contact: email@example.com